So now that it is getting nicer out and summer is coming more of us are thinking about taking vacations and getting out and about. In addition to wanting to have loads of fun on your trip, you probably want to capture some moments that remind you of the great time that you had. Here are some things that I find helpful.
1. If you are driving bring a tripod. You want a picture of the WHOLE family.
2. When you set people up look for a location with a bench or some rocks, something that will make it easier to stagger people. Photos are so much more interesting that way.
3. Stay away from bold prints. If one person is wearing a brig floral caftan, that will certainly be the focus of the picture!
4. If you have kids, take pictures in the morning. That is usually their best time and the time they are most willing to listen to direction. Also I am not above bribery (carry a little treat with you, a couple M&M's go a long way!
5. Mid afternoon is the best time to capture great lighting. It's called the golden hour and you have great light if you think you can get you family to pose then.
6. Save noontime for lunch not pictures! There is usually a hazy film on your images when the sun is right over head. I try to avoid taking pictures at this time if I can help it!
If all of this seems like a lot, consider calling a photographer located where you are staying and having them meet you for an afternoon. Family Photo Shoots are affordable and you won't regret having some great images to cherish! Happy Shooting!